Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Experiment With Texture

I love the shape of peanut beads and thought it would be fun to try using them in a tubular peyote stitch necklace. Two colors of gold tinged raspberry beads were blended in this tubular rope necklace.


The end caps were made with brass bead caps, gold glass pearls and pink large hole beads.
 
 
The next necklace has a rich earthy texture that was achieved using a random mix of 11/0 and 6/0 Chinese glass seed beads in metallic silver and brown.
 
 
The polymer clay end caps were made by me.
 
 
Both necklaces are available at my shop.
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa I love love the texture and the colour it is so beautiful. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. The textures are wonderful! These are substantial and beautiful. Love them and the endcaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa this is so lovely-and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful work ! When I was young we had a little bit of my Great Grandmother's and my Grandmother's native bead work in our home it fascinated me, then while growing up I had the incredible good luck to visit a few First Nation Reserves where I'd see other women doing bead work like this, their skill amazed my little girl eyes and then my big girl eyes, as was theirs your skill is amazing, a talent to create magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! these are amazingly done! I mean seriously .... LOVE these! the bead work is stunning, and those caps on both! they could easily be the focal! just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jewelry is amazing. Not are you talented with beads, but your designs are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching work! I love the end caps on each necklace. So unique! The evil eye charm is a great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beading is so intricate! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing necklaces! my great grandmothers used to bead necklaces like this-I love the Chinese beads, well I love all of the tiny pieces you've woven together to make this lovely piece. .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I enjoy hearing from you!