Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Old Saguaro

It was a beautiful fairly cool morning today.  Went on hike into the desert and found the "old bones" of a huge fallen saguaro cactus.  It was truly massive and I have been told saguaros this size live well over 200 years. How inspiring to find something like this completely intact still holding the complete shape of what it looked like when it was alive, cactus arms and all.  The second I saw it I knew I was going to have to try to make something that would always remind me... The shape and flow of the bones that make up the trunk are so undulating and graceful.  So here before me lies a new challenge. I think it will be a pendant or neckpiece from precious metal clay.  Not sure what the final piece will actually turn out to be at this point but I will post it and let you see.

1 comment:

  1. How neat Lisa, the texture is very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I enjoy hearing from you!