Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Patinated Components...

I am getting ready and all excited for MiShel's fabulous pearl blog hop on Sunday.  And since the hop tomorrow is supposed to be all about the pearls, I thought it would be fun to give you a sneak peak at some of the components I am using with a new (for me!) patination technique. Here is the before and after shot:


The colors are actually painted on in three layers of different colored inks specially made for painting on metal. I used a very small brush to paint with and then used swatch of cotton cloth to blot some of the color off . After the ink dried, I used two coats of glaze to help preserve the finish. Kind of a labor intensive process.  It will be interesting to see, and hope the finish lasts.

Be sure and stop by tomorrow to visit the hop! Then you can see how I used these colorful bead caps and spacers in my pearl jewelry piece.


Also stop by MiShel's blog right now for more advise and an awesome collection of information on
working with pearls at her link I posted up top!
 
 
Have a Great Saturday!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. oh what a teaser! can't wait to see how you've used these ... I'll be hopping tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the patina is beautiful, and I too will be back for your tomorrow's hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow~a little ink changes everything. i like what i am seeing so far...cannot wait to see your creation for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pearls and what you did here to your components. Will look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a tease! I do hope I have time to swing by tomorrow and see the whole thing. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - how cool are these components!! Can't wait to see what you have in store for tomorrow! Thanks for joining in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa! I love your beautiful creations.

    So to celebrate my blog reaching 2000 followers, I decided to randomly draw a commenter from Random Friday to send one of my new homemade soaps. There were 42 comments last Friday, and Random.org picked you - #22! Would you email me your address so I can send you one of my soaps? My email is varunner7 at aol dot com. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I enjoy hearing from you!