Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hello Spit!

We were walking along a nature trail with our dog Buddy a while ago and met up with a British couple. The gentleman stopped to pet our dog and said "Well hello, look at you if it isn't Spit the dog".  Spit the dog?? Seeing that I was a bit confused, the man explained that Spit was a very popular dog who appeared on comedy shows in the U.K. He seemed very surprised that I had never heard of Spit before...


Buddy is a Cairn Terrier and though he was born in the U.S., I know that the breed originated on farms in the Scottish Highlands. There's nothing fancy about Cairn Terriers, they were originally kept to eliminate rats from the farmers' granaries. Buddy is true to his breed and loves to pick around rocks and holes looking for critters here, mainly lizards.

So I got to wondering if I could find any UTube videos of Spit the Dog to see if he reminded me of Buddy, and I have copied them here for you to see. Spit the mutt is a regular ringer, I have to laugh, Monty Python and Benny Hill move over:

 
The original Spit meets Twiggy:


If you are a beader who is still here with me and in a British humor,
enjoy the next challenge.
Just click here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I remember watching Spit the Dog on Tizwas (I think that was how it was spelt) back in the 70's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I enjoy hearing from you!