Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pearls! Pearls!! Pearls!!!...

Welcome to the Pearls! Pearls!! Pearls!!! Blog Hop brought to you by Michelle over at MiShel Designs. She is our resident expert on all things pearls, GIA certified in fact, so make sure to stop by her site and investigate all the great information she makes available in addition to links to all the fabulous designs you will see while touring today's blog hop. Enjoy all this wonderful inspiration!

I always think about pearls in their most classic sense, a simple strand of genuine knotted pearls to be given and worn for important occasions. Always elegant and very appropriate. But lately that idea has begun to change for me...expand so to speak, and I have started to experiment using them with definitely more casual earrings and bead woven necklaces; genuine, color treated, glass, plastic you name it. Whatever fits for the occasion. ;)

With the first project I used graduated sizes of some lovely pink faux glass pearls from Cousin Corporation. The largest of these pearly beauties measure a whopping 18 mm and they are very easy on the budget. At this point I can't help thinking how going faux has liberated the design options available to me.

I hope you like the addition of the patinated metal spacers and bead caps mentioned in my last blog post. And as far as future design options, there is still a long, long way to go with big pearls here...
 
 
 
 
Next up comes a fall bracelet made with freshwater rice pearls and biwah tubes I found online at Fusion Beads a few months ago. The pearls are lovely warm shades of gold, red and deep orange, perfect for fall. I had to add a few bits and pieces of Czech glass -don't you love the little cats?
 
 
Hope you enjoyed my portion of the pearl tour. 
Please click the button below for more great pearl design!
 
 
 
Pearls! Pearls!! Pearls!!! Blog Hop




16 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Beautiful creations! I love the colored metal components in your necklace they really compliment the other components and make those big pearls pop! The bracelet is gorgeous I love the copper and bronze colored pearls and the bit of whimzy with the cat beads.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kitties! (I have a soft spot for cats!) I'm also really loving both of your designs, too. Your necklace is awesome with those beautiful honkin' peals! And you addition of the patinated metal spacers really add to the over all effect - and the colors in this necklace are awesome. I also love your bracelet - colors, shapes, textures - it all blends so well. And I like how you did the seed bead clasp too - perfect! Thanks for joining in the hop. I hope you had fun and enjoyed using your pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these are great designs Lisa! and now I see what you were doing with those components - what a great pop of color in that piece! and so fun :) The colors in the bracelet are luscious and perfect for fall! what a gorgeous piece that is

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Kitties and of course the bracelet is lovely. The patina in the necklace is very pretty. Great Pearl designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I'll join the chorus of cat lovers, too! Adorable bracelet and love the rich fall colors. So wonderful to see your use of colored components in the necklace ...that gives me some great ideas for the future. They give the necklace a bit of pizzazz.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to color my metal components, too, so I really appreciate and love your patinated bead caps! Beautiful necklace and bracelet, and love the colors and the bit of cat whimsy! Great job! Gina H

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't wait to see how you were going to use those painted components and true to your form, you didn't disappoint! What a beautiful necklace, Lisa! They give the necklace a garden vibe. Love it!
    And the colors and kitties bracelet is wonderful~great casual & fun bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first one is my fav...it reminds me of a lush garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful-I'd never have guessed the spacers weren't flat-love how they sit on the end of the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially love that first necklace. .. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great use of color in both of your pieces. I love the green beads caps and really love the fall bracelet! The cats are a cute and unexpected design element!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The necklace is amazing! I love those bead caps with the patina. They really add an overall uniqueness to the piece. Beautiful bracelet too with the cat surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a delightful combination of beads, pearls, and patinated metal components! This is such creative work, and the pieces just seem to shout "Be happy!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely Lisa, my favorite of the two is the bracelet-love the colors especially and the kitty bead

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the work, Lisa, especially the fall one. Great Job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You certainly pushed the pearl envelope from classic to fun. I really like the patinated spacers on the first necklace. I think it gives it a really updated look - but still classic and elegant.

    Of course, I love the cat beads - and the colors in the bracelet are perfect for this time of the year. Makes me wish autumn would come quicker in So Cal (it actually never really comes here!)

    Lisa
    http://www.lisayangjewelry.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I enjoy hearing from you!