Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Getting Crafty for the Holidays!

O.K., yes I know it seems like we just made it through the Labor Day weekend...but it's never too early to plan for snow and holidays!  Here are a few fun and easy projects I put together with "Tis the Season" products from Cousin that will soon be available at A.C. Moore.

Let's start with some cute little zipper pulls for the kiddo's* winter jackets and snowsuits. Cousin's new "Tis the Season" products include a great selection of charms that you can check out here. For my project, I used the gingerbread house and holiday glazed donuts. I connected each charm to a metal lanyard using bright silver split jump rings. Then topped it off with a little red bow. Hint, hint: These zipper pulls also make great embellishments with ribbons and bows on gift wrap.





Next I made tree topper ornaments using Cousin's "Tis the Season" wine charm rings. It was easy adding acrylic bicones onto the rings and accenting them with some of the new beads and charms. Easy as connecting jump rings to jump rings with needle nose pliers - and finishing it off with 3/16 wide ribbon.



 
Here is a red one too!
 


 
 
 
Hope you like my frosty window affects on the photos. Can you tell I am getting excited for cooler temperatures?
 
 

More crafts to come later this month.
 
 



*For children over age 3.

4 comments:

  1. these are delightful, I love the zipper pull idea-and the frosted window effect is perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great Lisa! the zipper pulls just flooded my head with all sorts of options and the ornaments are easy, pretty, with endless color options. as for cooler temps, bring them one~as long as it forgets to snow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The zipper pulls are so fun. The kids will love them! The ornaments are pretty. The bicones will sparkle among the tree lights! I just made a Halloween lanyard the other day but haven't started thinking about Christmas yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! Earlier this week I primed a few things to work on later for Christmas season crafts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I enjoy hearing from you!